For tip submissions requiring an immediate response, please contact PSJA ISD Police Department at (956) 354-2033. In an emergency call 911.
Safety & Security Measures
Pharr-San Juan-Alamo ISD (PSJA ISD) leaders have taken numerous actions and investments to ensure school safety remains a top districtwide priority during the 2023-2024 school year.
Among the many actions taken to enhance school safety and security include but are not limited to:
- Adding an additional District Safety & Security Committee that includes tri-city law enforcement representatives, parents, staff, and School Board Members;
- Continuing the use of Crisis/Emergency Response Teams at every campus;
- Training of staff on campus safety procedures;
- Hands-on training for PSJA Police and Security Department officers on numerous topics such as weapons, crisis negotiation, injury response, and active shooter, to name a few;
- Increasing the number of PSJA Police Officers;
- Campus checks and inspections by PSJA ISD Police K9 Officers;
- Scheduling Mandatory Drills;
- Districtwide Interior & Exterior Building Safety Audits;
- Developing Campus Threat Assessment Teams;
- Establishing access control procedures with single access points, locked instruction room doors, and exterior door locks;
- Visitor screening and registration through the Raptor Visitor Management System at all schools;
- Enhancing Video Surveillance for schools and district facilities; and
- Districtwide launch of STOPit, an anonymous online reporting tool for students, staff, and parents
In addition to these measures, PSJA ISD encourages reporting any suspicious activities to law enforcement immediately.
OUR STUDENTS ARE our top priority. Let's work together to create a safe and secure environment for everyone.
Need to make a report?
Call the PSJA Police Hotline at 956-354-2033
For any other emergencies call 911.